Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Episcopal Haiku: Fun with the Acts8 BLOGFORCE


I decided to have some fun with word games and participate in the Acts 8 BLOGFORCE Haiku challenge for the Episcopal Church. Here are some of the ones I came up with.

Proper 14
Living by your will
Spirit that leads us to right
Grant to us O Lord

Transfiguration
Transfiguration
God’s glory revealed in man
Start the journey home

Baptism
Love flows in water
The tombs cold chill held me fast
Risen to new life

Eucharist
Earthly bread and wine
Sacramental mystery
Divine communion

Reconciliation
Weight holding me back
Grace spoken in forgiveness
Freed to live new life

Worship
Candles and incense
Silence lingers after chant
Share a holy space

Episcopal Service Corps/Lawrence House Service Corps
A year of service
Living in community
Growth in daily prayer

Finding Home
Seeking a welcome
Loneliness my oldest friend
St. Andrew’s now home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Toxic Masculinity & Punching Nazi’s

Content Note: mention of nazi’s, toxic masculinity, gender stereotypes, mass incarceration, forgiveness As I scroll through my news feed ov...